Saturday, May 3, 2014

DID-I-MENSION II ~ Circleville National Scrapbooking Day II

Can you believe another year has passed?  Time sure does fly when you are crafting!  This year, I decided to lead DID-I-MENSION II for my activity.  Last year, did-I-mension how many Cricut cartridges have awesome 3-dimensional boxes and cuts?  Yes, I did and yes, they do!  I have bought many Cricut cartridges because it had a cute treat box that I just HAD to make and then...never did.  Well, today my challenge for you this National Scrapbook Day holiday is to crack open one of those cartridges (that you just might still have in it's clam shell) and get to creating a 3-D box, bag, or more. 

The cartridge I challenged myself to create with was Anna Griffin's Summer Soirees.  When Anna partnered with Cricut, she designed a number of cartridges to completely decorate a celebration with.  Her latest release included "fiesta" cuts, so I made tabletop decorations for the upcoming Cinco de Mayo holiday. 

I used Anna Griffin's Gabby design collection for my paper's along with Provo Craft's Candy Shop cardstock.  It coordinated perfectly with Anna's collection.

Hanging rosette I created.  You could also make several smaller ones for a tabletop centerpiece.  I will probably do this project and add it to my Cinco de Mayo décor within the next day or two.

Treat bag made.  I think I will be making this into the centerpiece with some rosette's on sticks coming out of it.

Here are the place settings I created.  So simple, yet so ornate.


 So what cartridge are you going to create from?  I will be giving away a Cricut basic tool kit for one lucky winner.  Please add your creation to be qualified to win. 

5 comments:

  1. How awesome is this!!! I love your Cinco de Mayo party decor-- the colors and perfect cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table decorations Renee! So festive! I don't have this cart, so I had to come up with something else for your challenge. I did use a cart I had never used before though! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your table decorations! They make me smile! Tried to link a picture, but it kept freezing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your festive decorations, Renee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same cartridge as you of course. I cannot believe all the things I have cut from it since I got it. Anna Griffins Summer Soiree. Love your party Decor !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!