Thursday, June 6, 2013

Chalkboard Graduation Celebration

OK, I have been busy creating a bunch of decor to celebrate my daughter's graduation tomorrow using the new Cricut Chalkboard Fonts cartridge.  Here is what I came up with:


Yes, the table runner is chalkboard fabric!  =)

Word bubbles made to take pictures with for her graduation scrapbook.  The guests can choose either word bubble or they can choose to right their own sentiment on the blank back side of each bubble.

Here is a closer view of the table runner.

You can right all over the runner if you wish.

I created the coasters using inexpensive bathroom tile.

I ended up spray painting them instead of using the traditional paint.  I thought the finish would end up[ being smoother and I could get the tops and sides of the tiles all at once.

I then sized corkboard to match and hot glued them all.  It's best to start in the middle and then do one side at a time because the glue dries super fast.

This is what they look like covered.

The completed look.

I used the Cricut Craft Room Exclusive Word Bubbles to create the templates for my word bubbles and cut them using a 12x24" mat.

I then traced the bubbles out of black craft board and hand cut them out using a craft (exacto) knife.

This was my first time using this board material, so my edges were rough.  I smoothed them out using a soft grit sandpaper before painting them with chalkboard paint.
To create the runner I simply cut my fabric in the desired length and added my design using white matte vinyl and transfer tape.  Whew, all done with the decorations...time to party!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Renee, your party decorations look great!! Congrats to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun fun decor. What a great way to add fun to grad party photos and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the decorations! I'm featuring your project on our Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Renee! Congrats to you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee your decorations are gorgeous. Also love your kitchen (-:
    Congrats on the graduation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!