Monday, October 17, 2011

Celebrating PIE Week!

I don't know about you, but one thing I love about holiday food are the PIE's!  To share this love with you, I decided I would make this week "Celebrate PIE Week" on my blog.  I actually kicked off the celebration with a pumpkin pie slice on Friday night's Pinkalicious Blog Hop.  The Gypsy file base for all the pies shared this week can be found on that post HERE.  You also have the rest of today to enter to win a free regular blog makeover by CHATTERSCENE  just by leaving a comment on that post!  She is super reasonable and does a fantastic job!

The next pie in the series is a pecan pie slice!




Now, I know some people don't eat pumpkin pie with whip cream, so you can always leave it off.


Materials Used:
  • My Pink Stamper Punny-licious stamp set
  • Cricut cartridges Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, George and Basic Shapes, and Fabulous Finds
  • Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel, Naturals Ivory, Early Espresso and Chocolate Chip cardstock
  • Stampin' Up 1 1/4 grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip
  • Stampin' Up ink in Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake
  • Stampin' Up gold brads
  • Stampin' Up Vanilla hodgepodge hardware
  • Stampin' Up Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer
A helpful hint when putting your treat box together is to run the ribbon through the holes before you adhere the box.


I used two different base colors for my pecans to mimic the variety you actually get in real pecans.  I added them AFTER I put the box together, but you could also do it before.  The only pecan I needed to trim was the at the point (what would be the center of an actual pie).  I placed my pecans haphazardly because that's how I make mine, but I know that some people like to line theirs up.  The great thing about this file, is that they are individual pieces, so you can make it personal by arranging them how you like them to be.

I used the same tag cuts found in the pumpkin pie file for the whip cream but used a different technique to achieve a different look:

I sprayed all the cuts with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.

I then crumpled all the pieces into tight balls.

I uncrumpled the balls.

I layered them together from largest to smallest with a brad.
And there you have it, pecan pie!  Please join me again tomorrow for the next pie slice in the series.

Gypsy File:

http://www.box.net/shared/n0e2j5bdy365lv3eratt

Entered at:
Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge: Feeling Gifty
Really Reasonble Ribbon Fun 4 Fall Challenge
Picture Perfect Creations

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely Love this!!! I love the Oies that you are making...great ideas, and they look delicious!! Hahhaha
    TinaB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another yummy looking pie!! Love it! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely Fabulous Renee. How do I get the download? Hook my gypsy up to computor? I have no idea. I can see making the whole pie for a centerpiece,cant you/ Linda Harris Lsunflower58@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!! Looks good enough to eat...for reals! LOL

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love these pie posts Renee, I'm looking forward to seeing all of them ths week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!! Thanks so much for sharing these cutie "pies"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a piece of pie!! Great job! I especially love the "fluffy white stuff"! :0)
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing. This is just soooooo cute!

    Jamie
    Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!