Friday, July 1, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #35: Patriotic Pride

Weekly Challenge #35: Patriotic Pride Challenge!
The Challenge: Whether you are from the United States, Canada, Australia or somewhere else, we want you to show us your Patriotic Pride with this next challenge! Create any type of project (scrapbook layout, card, home decor, . . . it’s up to you!) showing off your patriotic spirit!

I often find myself just using solids on my cuts so I decided to play with patterns and make a layout just using prints:




The layout is fairly simple.  I used the Stand and Salute cartridge for all the cuts.  The USA base was a frame (one of the options on the cart) enlarged to fit the page.  You do have to unlink the width and height to size it to a square 12 x12 layout size.  I made the width and height 11.5" so that I could still use a background mat (plus I didn't want to pull out my 12x24 mat!). =)



 I welded the exploding firework shadow to the top right hand corner.  I then unlinked the width and Height of the USA icon so I could use it to fit on top of the base of the large frame.  The smaller firecracker was cut separately as well as the top layer of the exploding fireworks. I popped up the stars for dimension, distressed the edges with ink, stickled the firecracker and fireworks and added a few brads. 

I am including a gypsy file incase you aren't familiar with unlinking the height and width, but if you haven't done it before, now is the time to start exploring this option.  It gives you a lot more flexibility in your cuts.

Helpful hint:  Don't forget to tap the link button back to the on position (yellow) so that if you change the size of any other cut, it will expand as normal!

http://www.box.net/shared/mn8b96mmkfy2ojboo41f

I hope you have a safe and fun 4th of July holiday withyour family and friends!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!