Friday, December 3, 2010

December Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge - Gift Bag/Box

DECEMBER MAGAZINE GIFT BAG/BOX CONTEST!
We can’t wait to see what you come up with for this months challenge!! Please upload your picture to the Magazine Challenge link here on the blog.
Contest Rules:
You must create your gift bag or box using a base from one of the many Cricut cartridges available. Embellish it to fit your style! Please use at least 4 Cricut cuts in your design and incorporate something from one of this month’s magazine sponsors.


I decided to make a 12 day advent calendar entitled "The Twelve Days Before Christmas". I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More to make the tribox and Joys of the Season to make all the cuts. There are a total of twelve boxes -- one for each of the twelve days BEFORE Christmas. Each box has a cut featuring one of the twelve days of Christmas, an ornament with the day, and a flourish. For embellishment I inked all the edges, used ribbon, gold cord, gold stickles and pearl I-rock beads.

Traditionally, the Twelve Days of Christmas begin on Christmas, but I thought it would be a fun idea to start it before as we anticipate the holiday. Each tribox will be filled with a goodie for the family to open daily.


For those of you that don't remember the lyrics to the song, here they are:
"The Twelve Days of Christmas" is a cumulative song, meaning that each verse is built on top of the previous verses. There are twelve verses, each describing a gift given by "my true love" on one of the twelve days of Christmas.
The first verse runs:
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
A Partridge in a Pear Tree.
The second verse:
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
2 Turtle Doves
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
The third verse begins to show some metrical variance, as explained below:
On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
3 French Hens
2 Turtle Doves
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
...and so forth, until the last verse:
On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
12 Drummers Drumming
11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords-a-Leaping
9 Ladies Dancing
8 Maids-a-Milking
7 Swans-a-Swimming
6 Geese-a-Laying
5 Gold Rings
4 Calling Birds
3 French Hens[8]
2 Turtle Doves
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

2 comments:

  1. That is darling, Renee! I love how you used the muted colors too. They look so elegant! It reminds me of something you would see at a high class party! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!