Friday, December 10, 2010

Cricut Circle Blog Challenge #10 - Holiday Recipe

Weekly Challenge #10: Holiday Recipe Challenge!
In our family it is Gingerbread Cookies for Santa. In my husband’s family it was English Toffee. What am I referring to . . . Favorite Holiday Recipes, of course! Every family seems to have them. So this week we want you to create a project that is about, includes, or holds a holiday recipe. This could be a scrapbook page, a mini album, a recipe box or book, a Gift for a Neighbor . . . the sky’s the limit. But we want to see you pay tribute to a holiday recipe in some way.


This is what I submitted because I was running out of time and HAD to get something in. I missed submitting last week by 2 minutes and was NOT going to let that happen again! This week, I literally submitted in the last 3 seconds! WOW! My goal for next week will be one minute prior! ;)

After I submitted, I went back and completed the layout how I originally envisioned it. The recipe is for Biscochitos - a favorite New Mexican holiday cookie. I LOVE THEM!
Here is what the final layout looked like:


The diamond shapes are replicas of what the final cookie looks like.
Here is the recipe if you would like to try and make them:
BISCOCHITOS:
Ingredients:
6 cups of flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons anise seed
2 eggs
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Cream shortening with sugar and anise. Beat in eggs. Mix in flour and brandy.
3. Roll out the dough to 1/4 or 1/2 inch thick. Cout into fleur-de-lys.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes or to a golden brown.
5. While still warm, roll the cookie in the 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!